go content go footer




  • Korean(국문)
  • English(영문)
  • Chinese(중문)
  • Login
  • 회원가입
  • home
  • Expat Assistance
  • Life in Busan
  • 100 FAQs

100 FAQs

TEXT SIZE 글자 크게 글자 작게

Information on wage and retirement benefits, immigration and visa, transportation and driving, medical care and other civil affairs for foreign workers and multicultural families (married immigrants)

게시물 검색 폼 검색

Total : 100

It is a policy offers either childcare or fostering expense for family with child at 0 to 5 years old from March, 2013. This benefit is provided to those who have not used benefit limited to day care center or child tuitions until 2012 for childcare facility but rather choosing family childcare.
Unlike the benefits for daycare center expenses provided by child love card, paying benefit direct to the parent’s bank account is the biggest different. The parents are not allowed to apply both child tuition benefit and childcare center expenses at a time; those who are not using the daycare center are eligible to apply for childcare expense benefit.

How to apply for childcare benefit: At the district community center (Eup, Myun, Dong) of your residence or welfare site (http://www.bokjiro.go.kr).
A Labor Contract is available in writing or something tacit, etc. In the case that you are working without making a contract, regular legal protection can be effective as it is called an Employment Relationship without the contract. The amount of money can be measured after considering the conditions such as a verbal agreement with an employer, a Certificate of Salary Payment, a copy of a savings passbook, the wage level of co-workers engaged in the same working conditions, actually worked hours, etc.
The National Tax Service (NTS) established the automatic calculation program of the Year-end Tax Settlement on their English homepage (www.nts.go.kr/eng), which can help foreign workers to easily calculate their Year-end Tax Settlement. The payment or refund of tax can be found if you click ’Automatic Calculation Service’ in the ‘2008 Year-end Tax Settlement’ menu under the left side of the NTS’s main page. Foreign workers may choose the method beneficial to themselves between two ways in the Automatic Calculation Service:

△ How to apply income tax (8-35%) after personal deductions and special deductions on the remaining amount when 30% is automatically deducted from the total salary,

△ How to apply a single tax rate of 17% without Personal Exemption on the employment income. However, it doesn’t meant that all the foreign workers can be deducted from their income.

If a foreigner is equivalent to a ’Resident’ with a domestic address or a job requiring more than 1 year in Korea, he/she may have special deductions such as personal deductions, insurance premiums and medical deductions, credit card payment deduction on the person himself/herself, spouse. dependent, etc. the same as for Koreans. But in the case of non-residents, while personal deductions are possible, medical care, education, special deductions, and credit card deductions are impossible. There are some personal deductions for non-residents such as basic deduction (₩1,000,000) and deduction for pension insurance premiums on the person himself/herself: ₩1,000,000 if the worker himself/herself is over the age of 65, ₩1,500,000 deduction for seniors more than 70 years of age, ₩500,000 deduction for women with spouses or dependents, ₩2,000,000 deduction for disabled people, etc. If you want more advice on the Year-end Tax Settlement in a foreign language, contact this number (02-397-1440).
Those who have a job by legitimate procedures should pay inhabitants tax and income tax according to payment with having the 4 insurances.
It is a violation against the Labor Standards Act. If it continues deliberately and habitually, you need to report it to the Labor Supervision Section according to Article 19 of the Labor Standards Act. If it is verified as true, you can change the workplace after immediately canceling the contract.
* A marriage report (one can be chosen between two)
Those in the process of international marriage must report their marriage first to each of the registry offices in both countries. Regardless of the consulate and embassy in China or Korea, the parties of marriage can choose which country they will report their marriage first, China or Korea.

< If you report the marriage first in Korea >

1. Chinese official endorsement of the single (marriage relationship certificate or official endorsement
of the single, translated) certified by the Foreign Ministry of Korea and embassy of China must be
submitted to the Chinese registry office for a marriage report.

2. The official endorsement of marriage (issued by a Chinese certification center) must be submitted to
a Korean registry office and put the fact of marriage on the family register of Korea, and these official
documents are certified by the Chinese Foreign Ministry, or the foreign affairs section of an autonomous
district and city.

* Marriage procedures consist of three steps and three kinds of official endorsements, and the source of
your ID card below must be prepared in your spouse’s residence jurisdiction.

- The (re) marriage official endorsement (certification)
- official endorsement of kinsfolk relationship (certification)
- official endorsement of nationality (certification)
- ID card source must be sent to Korea,

When the first step’s documents arrive in Korea, the Korean must prepare the following basic documents:

- a copy of family relationship certificate
- a copy of registration certificate
- The registration source (or driver’s license or passport)
- preparing agency mandate for procedures, the second process will be made in Korea.

* Note that the certification process isn’t made individually in the Chinese Embassy in Korea,
but only authentication process can be made through private agencies.

* Translating the documents received from China, after reporting the marriage at the Korean spouse’s registry
office (ward office, county office, town office)

in Korea, the marriage relationship certificate already reported → Chinese translation →
Translation notarized → certified by the Foreign Ministry in Korea → authentication procedure
at the Chinese embassy in Korea → being sent to China → reporting marriage in China.

<If you report the marriage first in China>

1. You must submit the Chinese official endorsement of the single, official endorsement relationship,
nationality official endorsement (issued by a Chinese certification center) to Korean registry office
for a marriage report. and these official documents are certified by the Chinese Foreign Ministry,
or the foreign affairs section of an autonomous district and city.

2. The official endorsement of marriage (marriage relationship certificate or official endorsement) certified
by the Foreign Ministry of Korea and embassy of China must be submitted to a Chinese registry office
and put the fact of marriage on the family register

* This is a way for a Korean to recommend it to those who are in a long-term stay in China.
(Business, study, employment, company worker, resident)

In the first step, the Korean should follow this order, such as translating a marriage relations certificate and an unmarried statement in Chinese

- Notarized translation certification → Ministry of Foreign Affairs Consulate authentication →
Chinese embassy Authentication in Korea → leaving for China in order to make marriage certificate
at registry office for marriage at the spouse’s address and report the marriage at the local police

In the second step, after marriage registration is over in China, you should prepare for the following documents, make out the documents for the registration of marriage, and then report the marriage at a registry office in the Korean’s legal domicile or place of residence.

* documents to come in China after the registration of marriage in China
- official marriage endorsement (certification)
- the source of marriage certificate
- a copy of family register
- the source of Chinese ID card (China)
- the source of registration (or driver’s license or passport)

In the third step, after all the procedures are over, if you are chosen as a applicant for visa issuance by the official residence in China (embassy or consulate), you must submit the required documents for visa screening at the local Immigration Office and you enter Korea through the screening. Those are the general marriage procedures.

The standard procedures above are for international marriage and the required documents below are the required documents list of the official residence (consulate in Shanghai) after the first and second step are complete.

[required documents of the inviting person - Korea]
1. Invited purpose (love story including the circumstances listed in detail)
2. Identity Certificate
3. Certificate of family relationship and marriage relationship certificate
4. Love story
- The contents of this relationship is listed on the invitation of purpose.
5. Proven financial documents - Certificate of holding office
- A copy of the real estate register
- Rental Agreements
- Proof of deposit, etc.
6. Call statement (last 3 months) - if it is not applicable, no submission

[Applicant’s side Documents - China]
1. Visa application form (1 sheet)
2. Family register (marriage actually is listed), and a copy of identification (bring original)
3. Passport, 1 photo and resume
4. A copy and source of marriage certificate
5. A copy of the marriage official endorsement
6. If remarriage, the divorce certificate submitted (in the case of ex-spouse’s death)
- If not applicable, no submission

* Marriage visa applicants who belong to the following requirements need to receive visa number recognition
at the Ministry of Justice and submit it to the Consulate.

* Those who fulfill the conditions below (if any one of the four)
- In the case the Chinese spouse made a registration of the marriage during a stay in Korea
- Age difference between spouses (10 years or more) if you have - Of either spouse, even
if a year has elapsed from the date of the divorce case without remarriage
- If Korean spouse didn’t visit China and the marriage registration is established

* Application Organization for visa issuance
- Immigration Office, Ministry of Justice (an inviting person’s residence jurisdiction)
If the marriage immigrant becomes pregnant, health care classes can be taken for free at a public health center. Just visit the public health center with your alien registration card. Especially, high-risk pregnant women will need the management of health or medical institutions. If you go to places like the nearest public or ward office, there are various supports for pregnant women of marriage immigrants.
The illegal foreigner widely means all foreigners in violation of immigration laws, and practically means foreigners who have passed the period of stay granted by a visa. If the illegal aliens who have passed the period of stay leave the country, entry is prohibited for a period of time according to the immigration laws. The entry ban period is set usually from 6 months to 5 years, determined by the illegal stay period. If it was voluntary departure, the entry ban period will be reduced
Because F-5 visas are granted permanent residence, you are not affected by divorce and separation. Even after divorce, the F-5 visa can be maintained.
In the event that you leave Korea for over a year in a foreign country, your visa is valid if you receive a multiple re-entry permit.
In the case of an F-5 visa, you will be allowed to enter Korea for two years if you have a multiple re-entry permit.