go content go footer




  • Korean(국문)
  • English(영문)
  • Chinese(중문)
  • Login
  • 회원가입
  • home
  • Expat Assistance
  • Life in Busan
  • 100 FAQs

100 FAQs

TEXT SIZE 글자 크게 글자 작게

Information on wage and retirement benefits, immigration and visa, transportation and driving, medical care and other civil affairs for foreign workers and multicultural families (married immigrants)

게시물 검색 폼 검색

Total : 100

The following documents should be prepared for submission.
(Only if the marriage with Korean spouse is kept and should be stayed in Korea at least 2 years)

▶ Documents for submission

1. Application (appendix no. 34 format), passport, certificate of alien registration, fee KRW 50,000 and 1 photo

2. Documents proving property relation
- Choose one from a bank statement under your name or your family name
proving savings at least KRW 30 million and a document
proving constant income such as your or your spouse’s proof of employment

3. A certificate of marriage with Korean spouse, a copy of resident register

4. Certificate of Overseas Criminal Records

※ For a criminal record of an applicant for permanent resident permit, if applicant’s native country has an apostille agreement with Korea, the criminal record should be apostilled in Korea or confirmed by a consular representative in Korea. If applicant’s native country doesn’t have an apostille agreement with Korea, the document should be confirmed by embassies and legations in Korea.
Anyone with a special occupation visa (E-7) work at service field can change the job place if delayed or accrued wage. One willing to change the job place need to submit the document proves delayed wage when reporting the changes of workplace. However even the qualification condition is satisfied, you need to have a consent from business owner to change a job place if you are the one attributed to the causes of dismissal or retirement in mind career.
You can visit your native country without permission for reentry within the period of workplace change. However, you need to leave Korea if not received permission for change within the period of workplace change (3 months).
In case of converting your special occupation visa (E-7) to permanent visa (F-5), you need to stay country at least 5 years. If following requirements are satisfied, you can change your visa status.

▶ Subject
● A person who stayed in Korea at least 5 years
● A person reached the age of majority based on Korean civil code
● A person or his/her accompanied family eligible to maintain
an living and well behaved.
● A person willing to stay in Korea further need to have elementary ability
● A person completed a bachelor’s degree or higher
● Annual income should be 2 time or greater than gross national income
per capita in previous year announced by Korean Bank
● A person received second level on Korean proficiency test or completed
with social integration program

★ A person have stayed in Korea more than 10 years are exempted from Korean proficiency test
If you desired to convert your non-professional employment visa (E-9) to special occupation visa (E-7), you need to be working in manufacturing, construction, agriculture, livestock or fishing industries and you can apply visa change if the following qualifications are satisfied.

1) A person less than 35 years holding a college degree or higher has obtained a technician’s license or higher in the employment field or received average or higher income during recent 1 year in relevant type of occupation.

2) A person received level 3 or higher in Korean proficiency test or completed social integration program.
A passport will be issued after several weeks once you report your baby’s birth at the official residence in your native country. A certificate for alien registration will be issued after baby issued with a passport and applied for granting status of sojourn at the immigration office. However, the application for granting status of sojourn should be done within 90 days from the date of birth.

* A baby between the couple holding overseas nationality will receive one from visiting or joining family visa (F-1), accompanying spouse visa (F-3) or a permanent residence visa (F-5) according to parent’s qualification and purpose of sojourn when issued a certificate of alien registration.
You can extend your marriage immigration visa (F-6) only if

1) you are not the one who attribute the cause of the divorce to your former spouse or

2) if you currently support your children.
A spouse of a person holding a professional employment visa (E-5), who has a dependent family visa (F-3) satisfies the qualification for foreign language instructor visa (E-2) can do other activities than staying. This inquirer is involved in a person other than English volunteer scholarship invited by a government’ in the requirements of conversation tutor visa; thus, this inquirer can work as a foreign language instructor without changing her F-3 visa to E-2 visa.
You can apply marriage immigration visa (F-6) at the Vietnamese Embassy.

You need to submit a visa application, invitation from Korean spouse and his required document and also required document for Vietnamese woman. If you pass the interview, it will be issued.
If your E-2 visa expired and there is request for rehiring you from language institute, you can apply visa extension for your foreign language instructor visa (E-2). The maximum stay period given at one time will be determined according to the employment contract period with employer.