go content go footer




  • Korean(국문)
  • English(영문)
  • Chinese(중문)
  • Login
  • 회원가입
  • home
  • Expat Assistance
  • Life in Busan
  • 100 FAQs

100 FAQs

TEXT SIZE 글자 크게 글자 작게

Information on wage and retirement benefits, immigration and visa, transportation and driving, medical care and other civil affairs for foreign workers and multicultural families (married immigrants)

게시물 검색 폼 검색

Total : 100

You can either visit the branch of National Pension Service or at the airport to apply lump sum refund of national pension you have paid. The following documents should be prepared before applying.

▶ Required document for applying lump sum refund

○ Required document when visiting the branch of National Pension Service
● Certificate of alien registration, passport
● A bank account (if you wish to be refunded to your bank account
in native country, you need to have bank account number,
name of bank and code number)
● Airline ticket or passage ticket

○ Required document when paid at the airport
(Incheon Airport Office of National Pension Service)
● Application receipt, passport, airline ticket (Receipt of lump sum refund notice
and written order for lump sum refund) (submission to bank)

★ Submit written order for lump sum refund and passport to Shinhan Bank
in Incheon Airport and receive exchange receipt

★ Submit exchange receipt and a passport to the currency exchange office
of Shinhan Bank after going through the departure control and receive
exchanged amount
You can apply your temporary incapacity benefit at the district Korea Workers’ Compensation and Welfare Service. The valid period to claim temporary incapacity benefit is 3 years from the date of temporary layoff; therefore, you can still claim even your convalescence is expired. For period of unemployment during the convalescence, the worker can receive 70% of daily average income.
If there is request from your business owner to rehire you then your E-9 visa will be extended 1 year and 10 months from the expiration duration of E-9 visa, 3 years. However, you can only apply it from 45 days to 90 days from the expiration date of employment period. At here, if business owner and foreign worker keep their labor contract more than 3months at 45 days before the expiration date of employment, you can apply before 7 days.
If company paid insurance to Seoul Guarantee Insurance every year and if you report it as an accrued payroll to the Ministry of Employment and Labor under company’s jurisdiction, you can receive your insurance deposit from Seoul Guarantee Insurance with supporting evidence proved to be true.

▶ Documents to be submitted for insurance subscription

● A confirmation of accrued money and valuables
(Detailed history of delayed payment)
● A copy of bankbook
● A copy of certificate of alien registration
Vietnam is one of countries exempted from the national pension; therefore, you don’t have to pay the national pension if you’re Vietnamese worker.

※ Countries exempted from subscription (7countries)
: Vietnam, Cambodia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Myanmar and East Timor
Those exemplary workers subject for reentry to get an employment here can reenter a country 3 months after the departure with non-professional employment visa (E-9) issued from embassies and legations abroad. You can stay up to 3 years from the entry date with E-9 visa.

You are able to reenter a country if you pass a special Korean proficiency test after visa expired and return to native country. However, you should be more than 18 years old but less than 39 years old in Korea age or your nationality should be Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Uzbekistan, Pakistan, East Timor and Mongol.
If your company agreed to cancel your employment contract, you can change your workplace; however, if disagreed, you can report to the Ministry of Labor within the jurisdiction for violation of the law, Labor Standards Act. When reporting your case, you need to have evidence (tape-recording, photo, doctor’s opinion and witness). If your case is determined to be reasonable, your business owner becomes attributable reason by the investigation from the Ministry of Labor, you can change your workplace.
The maximum staying period for non professional employment visa (E-9) is 4 years and 10 months; thus, you are not able to extend more that that if your visa expired. However, if the following conditions are satisfied, you can leave a country and then reenter into Korea after receiving non-professional employment visa (E-9) again.
A foreign worker should apply for change of workplace within 30 days from the termination date of labor contract and needs to change workplace and get an approval on change of workplace within 3 months from the application date of workplace change.
However, a foreign worker not able to get an approval for workplace change or apply for workplace change due to industrial damage, disease, pregnancy or giving birth will calculate its date from the date which reason has removed.